IAS was founded in 2016 by Dexter Tangocci and Warren Witte who were among some of the first licensed drone pilots in South Africa. Combining their skills in aviation, technology and sciences the company’s core focus was around providing actionable data to key industries to improve their operational workflows. Drones and sensors formed a critical part of being able to collect this data safely and efficiently. By 2018 the company had obtained its RPAS Operators Certificate (ROC). Over the last few years, through many successes and failures, IAS has become a South African drone leader in the agriculture, survey and inspection industries. The company is looking for a candidate wishing to advance their aviation career in the drone sector. The ideal candidate is someone with a real passion for drones and aviation, loves working with people, committed to safety and upholding high standards required in aviation.
About The Position
The candidate will manage the day to day drone operations and compliance needs of IAS. This will require working closely with pilots, operations managers as well as the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA). The objective of this role is to ensure operations are planned, well-coordinated and compliance is adhered to. The candidate needs to enjoy working in a dynamic environment, be independent, take initiative and provide innovative systems-thinking.
Role And Responsibilities
– SACAA Compliance (Aircraft Certificate of Registration, Remote License agreements, Company Operations Specifications amendment, RPAS Operating Certificate renewals and correspondence)
– Flight operations planning and logistics (equipment & maintenance tracking)
– File flight plans, Flexible Use of Airspace applications etc
– Communicating and corresponding with pilots and operators
– Supporting the quality and safety manager with compliance administration
– Ensuring compliance of operations in accordance with Part 101 and IAS operations manual
– Reviewing and amendments to IAS operations manual
– Develop and maintain filing systems
– General office admin
• Grade 12 Senior Certificate
• Remote Pilots License (RPL) OR manned pilots license OR Aviation safety/quality systems experience
• Thorough understanding of SACAA regulations, particularly Part 101.
• 2 + years’ experience in a similar role
• Competency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
• Strong administration experience
• Perform well in stressful situations
• Focussed with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work autonomously and take initiative
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Analytical and organised, able to prioritise and control high volumes of work.
• Code B driver’s license
• Excellent verbal and written English
– Diploma in Administrative Management
– Bachelor in Aviation Administration
– Safety and Quality Management courses
What We Offer
At IAS we have a very strong focus on personal career development where we encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through technical and professional development programs. We strongly believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on. We offer competitive pay, benefits and the development resources you need to advance your career.
The role will allow you to engage with leaders in the drone and aviation industry across South Africa and abroad. By joining the team you will contribute to leading the change towards a more sustainable and equitable future through drone technology. We look forward to welcoming you to IAS!
Salary: R10 000 – R14 000 per month (based on experience)
CEO at Integrated Aerial Systems | Actionable Drone Data for Optimizing Business OperationsJob Poster Location
City of Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa