Today’s show is about purchasing the right drone for your business. Can you find a capable enterprise-level drone even if you are a tight budget?
Our caller for today, Cody needs help purchasing a good drone for inspections, thermal imaging, and 3D mapping. He wants to create exceptional deliverables for his client without exceeding his budget.
That’s a tough ask, but certainly not an impossible one.
To help Cody out, we discuss the pros and cons of popular enterprise-level drones like the Inspire 2 and Matric 300. You will learn the various things that you need to watch out for when purchasing a new drone. Additionally, you will also learn how excellent skills and experience can successfully fly complex missions even if you don’t have the latest, most up-to-date equipment.
This is a show you do not want to miss. Thanks for the great question, Cody. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:27] Today’s question is about buying the best drone for mapping and inspections
- [03:38] Can you find a good mapping drone if you are on a tight budget? And, can your skills and experience make up for your lack of the latest equipment?
- [04:46] Will you incur significantly higher maintenance costs if you are using an enterprise-level drone?
- [05:12] Will your image resolution significantly differ if you fly farther away?
- [07:20] Tune in here if you are an Inspire 2 pilot
- [11:23] Drone U Recommended high configuration thermal camera for the M300
- [12:20] How bettering your flying skills can help you grow and scale your drone business
- [14:11] Why you should never over-rely on your sensors. Never.
- [15:18] Experience vs. Drone Equipment – which is the single-most-important attribute for a successful drone business?